Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tuesday night....

Yesterday didn't end soon enough. Iven got home, and I ran to the fabric store... by myself.... and I took my time. It was a nice break, because as soon as I walked back in the door, chaos was still happening. M runs right up to me, and whines that he is hungry, I look at his father with a questioning look..... which was responded with "well he ate dinner.... all of it". M likes to pull this 'I'm hungry' bit when it's bedtime. So when both dad and I told him that its bedtime and no food, the tantrums began. He wouldn't stay in bed, and he was thirsty and hungry.... oh boy... it took putting M in bed with daddy to get things calm and he finally fell asleep. (BTW incase anyone reading is wondering, we do co-sleep at times. Not so much A, but her crib is in our room. But M co-slept for 3 years and we finally started getting him to sleep in his room now at 4.... but sometimes he needs to still be with us. We don't care, so you shouldn't either) Back to the story... he was finally asleep, A was asleep and had been since 7:30 (it was now 9:30pm) and daddy had fallen asleep. All was quiet, and when it's quiet, its my only time to get things done. I have 8 diapers I need to make. I can usually knock one out in an hour so I figured I could get one done... wrong. I prewashed all of my fabric, and it decided it was gonna give me hell. I struggled and struggled with one diaper... and it got so messed up... that I just gave up. A was starting to make noise telling me she wanted to nurse. The time was now midnight, so I changed A's diaper... the only clean one I had had to be pinned... she kept squirming which caused me to poke about 4 different fingers trying to avoid poking her (I hate pins, I really need to put snaps on that diaper) and then fed her. She eventually fell asleep, and I looked over at both my beauties sleeping in between myself and my husband.... and I thanked God for them. Through all the daily chaos I deal with being a mom... at the end of the day, I'm truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment