Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dragon Costumes and Red Fabric

I feel like I need some way to release frustrations from the day. When the only people you get to talk to all day long are 4 and 6 months.... you need something. M(4) is going through a needy phase. He asks at least 3 different questions per second, and each question starts with a "MOM, can you...." really son? You want me to help you put on your dragon costume that you wore when you were 2 years old? Don't get so upset that it wont fit you... (and once we force it on) son, mommy told you that you would get stuck in there. *sigh* and this same scenario happens at least once a week. Maybe its time to let go of the costume, find a new home for it.
Also... when I do get a moment to myself, it's full of chores.... which I usually don't mind. But when I have red fabric that I need to STOP bleeding so I can make custom diapers out of, it would be nice to have a tiny bit of cooperation. 5 washes later and it's still not done bleeding. I finally gave up and put it off to the side so I can get some other much needed laundry done. Is the day almost over yet? No? What... you say it's only 12:30?? This means 6 more hours until daddy is home to help tackle some bedtime routines.


And yet, at the end of the day, I still thank God for the chaos that is my life. They really are beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. They ARE beautiful!! It sounds like my life!! We had to get rid of Maggie (our pup) because she would NOT house train and decided to continually pee on whatever blanket Sam was laying on during floor time. The DAY we got rid of her my favorite kitty went into heat and started praying everything. This morning i woke to find that he had christened the laundry pile...lots of laundry for me today. Both of the older boys are sick and clingy and Sam isnt having a good day!! I know how you feel about not having anyone to talk to except kids all day, thats why I am on cafemom alot, i NEED some form of social interaction!! Id love to follow your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *spraying* everything!! Sorry for the typo!!!

    ReplyDelete